Monday, August 26, 2013

Snacky, snack

It is our ritual after my daughter wakes up from her nap, to indulge in a little snack (I often partake as well). One particular day while asking the munchkin what she wanted she said,

"a strawberry smoothie please."
I replied with  "I don't have any strawberries, only a banana." 
She looked at me for a moment and replied "Can I have a banana and ella smoothie?" 
Now I have no idea what an "ella" is so I asked her and she replied, "that chocolatly stuff!" (spoken in her most annoyed toddler voice)  
"OH! you mean Nutella!" 
"yes" she replied, "ella."

She's brilliant, right?  Never in all my smoothie making days have I thought about sticking a spoonful of Nutella in there.  And bananas and nutella?  A total dream come true! So without further ado, I bring you a delicious "chocolatly" snack in smoothie form!











Ingredients:

1 banana -(I used a frozen one)
1/3c. milk
1/3c. plain greek yogurt
1 heaping tablespoon nutella
2t. ground flax seed (optional)
4-6 ice cubes

Add all ingredients into a blender and viola!
**TIP**Another great option for this smoothie would be to add a couple tablespoons of old fashioned oats, they will thicken the smoothie and add a nutritional boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment