Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Elegant Dinner for a Special Occasion


My, oh my, Christmas dinner. Let's just say this one was a winner.  My husband proclaimed it to be the best pork chop he has ever ate, SCORE!  The twice baked sweet potatoes and the cauliflower gratin were delicious accompaniments.  I followed recipes for all these dishes and have the links listed below.  The pork was from 2 different recipes, the stuffing inside the pork from cooking light and the pork cut and technique were from Everyday food. This meal was a bit labor intensive but everything can be made in advance and baked later in the day, so it's perfect for entertaining.  If you have a special occasion on the horizon, this meal will have your guests and family drooling!







For the twice baked sweet potato recipe go here (I would advise to leave some of the sweet potato in with the skin so the skins don't collapse or tear on you)

The cauliflower gratin by Ina Garten was delish go here for the recipe

The stuffing and port sauce for the pork can be found here

The cutting method, temperatures and cut can be found  here (I cooked our pork until 143 degrees, turned out perfect. I also left the chine bone in, which was a mistake by the butcher, it didn't allow for the beautiful frenched bone to come off with the pork, but I think it kept the pork more moist)

No comments:

Post a Comment