Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New Year, Fresh Start


Make everyday a day worth living, this my friends is my mantra for 2013.  It is so easy to go through the motions of life, work hard, check off your to do list, plan, execute, plan. It is becoming more and more apparent to me how short and unexpected life really is.  So this year I am making an effort to have fun, make meaningful connections, pay it forward, and love myself as much as I love my family.  Good food certainly has it's place in my new year of better life. To kick off 2013 with a bang I made roasted lobster tails, latkes, and black eyed pea salad. The lobster was luxurious, the latkes a family favorite and the salad added that extra bit of good luck (and tastiness!) we all could use when making a fresh start.  So here's to you and yours, have a happy new year.  



Ingredients:

Black eyed peas - 1 can rinsed and drained
1 mango diced
1 red bell pepper diced
1 jalepeno minced (leave seeds and ribs in for extra heat)
cilantro
3 scallions, minced
white wine vinegar - 1-2T
salt and pepper
agave 1-2 t.

Mix all the ingredients together and season with vinegar, salt, pepper and agave nectar to taste.

For the lobster, heat oven to 350.  Using kitchen shears cut down center of entire tail put in oven about 20 minutes or until flesh feels firm. Serve with clarified butter

The latkes are SIMPLE!  Follow Ina Garten's recipe and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment