Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dinner for One

Tonight for dinner I was on my own.  Initially I thought I would just go to my favorite pizza shop and get take out, but after harvesting the vegetables from my garden, I thought why not just make something?  There is no reason not to treat yourself to a lovely meal even if it's just for 1, besides, more leftovers! While I am usually not a fan of breakfast for dinner this frittata brings some serious flavor, and it's so easy and versatile. It also happens to go perfectly well with a nice glass of Chardonnay, who knew? 



My garden loot for the day

Summer Vegetable Frittata

  I have decided not to give a true recipe to this meal because it's so versatile. Set your oven to 350 degrees. Use any veggies/fruit that you enjoy, and sauté until softened with salt and pepper to taste in a nonstick skillet that can be transferred to the oven. Next, add 5 or 6 eggs beaten, 1/4c. of milk, salt pepper (mix these together before adding to skillet). Top with cheese if you please!  Once egg is added to the skillet of veggies try not to mess with it, let it cook until the egg releases from the sides with a spatula.  Then put in the oven until the eggs set, around 15 min. That's it!  Serve with fresh herbs of your choice if you have them.  Enjoy, I sure did! 


Don't let this little slice on my plate fool you, I had two.

No comments:

Post a Comment