Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Roasted Veggie Quesadillas

Roasting vegetables brings out a beautiful sweet and savory flavor that is hard to come by with any other cooking method.   This is one of those meals with no recipe required.  Literally put your favorite veggies, beans, cheese in between a couple tortillas top with your favorite toppings and call it a day. If you roast off the veggies earlier in the day (you could even do it the day before) you can have dinner ready in 10 minutes. So easy, so tasty.



For my quesadilla I roasted summer squash, zucchini, eggplant, and onion (3T. olive oil, salt, pepper)  in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.  I used 2 taco sized whole wheat tortillas, on one side I spread refried beans, topped with roasted veggies then shredded cheddar cheese.  I place the other tortilla on top and put it in a heated skillet with some canola oil.  It cooks for about 4 minutes/side or until the tortilla is crunchy and browned.  I topped mine with  plain greek yogurt, my favorite salsa and green onions.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment