Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Zucchini Oatmeal Bars



I probably should begin by telling you that I am not a good baker,  baking catastrophes in my kitchen are not hard to come by. Luckily these zucchini oat bars were not one of them. I found a recipe online and tweaked it to fit what I had available in my kitchen.  The result was a moist, and delicious snack bar.  They were a hit with my husband and 2 year old daughter not to mention I was able to use up some more of that garden zucchini that keeps on coming. Win, win.  



1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoons canola oil
1 egg, beaten
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 med) 

Set oven to 350 degrees.  In a small bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.  In a different bowl add sugar, oil and whisk until combined.  Add egg, yolk, and vanilla to the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.  Slowly whisk the flour mixture into the sugar mixture , next add the zucchini, stirring until just combined.  Place in a oiled 13x9x1" pan and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the top is nicely browned and batter has pulled away from the edges slightly.  Let cool and then eat them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment